Thursday, November 11, 2010

MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet+ Foundation






I ordered this foundation from Sephora after I saw it on MakeupByTiffanyD's YouTube channel. It looked to yellow on her skin so I thought it would be perfect for me. Every single foundation I have ever tried has been to pinkish for my skin and it make's me look like a clam! I also knew that this foundation was oil-free, which is a plus for me because I have oily acne prone skin. I tried a few swatches on my arm as you can see and actually the camera is making it look better than it looks in real life. My arm IS much whiter than my face so it looks too dark for me but I put it on my face and it seems to be the right shade, just not the right color. It's a little to orangey and red for me. I got shade 40 because that is what MakeupbyTiffanyD had and I thought well she might be paler than me but I'd rather have foundation too light than too dark. I do really like the feel of this foundation though...it is not oily AT ALL. And it is super soft. It feels great on my skin! But the color is just not right.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review and swatches, I might try this, I have combination-oily skin and this might be great for me!:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete